University Libraries of Appalachian State University consist of the Belk Library and Information Commons and the Erneston Music Library and employ 85 library faculty and staff. Belk Library is a beautifully designed and popular facility with over 1 million visits per year. We are a member of the Western North Carolina Library Network (WNCLN). Additional information about the Library, the University, and the surrounding area may be found at Appalachian State University, Library, and Human Resources.
University Libraries seeks to recruit and retain a talented and diverse faculty. Our employees work in a collegial and collaborative environment, and the Libraries offer strong support for professional development. We value diversity of thought, perspective, experience and people, and are actively committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. Library employees are committed to collaborating to create a welcoming multicultural environment and therefore seek candidates who can contribute to this goal. More information on the University Libraries Diversity & Inclusion Plan can be found at here.
The University Libraries at Appalachian State University seeks a proactive and creative Electronic Resources Librarian to join the Resource Acquisition and Management (RAM) team to support our electronic resources in the areas of vendor relations, troubleshooting, budget management, resource usage analysis, and license review.
This position supervises two staff members in the Electronic Resources unit. This position reports to the RAM Coordinator (Head of Technical Services) and will work closely with the Acquisitions unit.
Librarians work in a collegial team-based environment, are members of the University faculty, and engage in active programs of scholarship and professional service. The Library offers strong support for professional development activities, including publishing, presenting, and attending conferences and workshops. It also offers flexibility of remote/virtual work in special circumstances (such as Covid-19) with supervisor approval.
- Manages the life cycle of electronic resources (trials, acquisition, license review, access management, renewals, and cancellations).
- Acts as primary point of communications with vendors, publishers, consortia, and library faculty/staff for electronic resources.
- Supervises and supports the electronic resources unit within the RAM team.
- Troubleshoots electronic resources and manages access within the discovery service, knowledge base, and link resolver. Appalachian State University currently subscribes to EBSCO’s EDS suite of services.
- Coordinates proxy stanza updates in EZproxy.
- Monitors electronic resources fund expenditures and tracks against the budget allocations.
- Works with vendors and data to forecast future budget year projections to meet sustainability goals.
- Actively works to ensure renewals meet budget goals.
- Will work with the Collection Management team to ensure collaborative data gathering and analysis.
- Recommends and leads electronic resources projects including discovery service customization, optimization of electronic resources, accessibility, and open access initiatives.
- Takes initiative to develop preventative maintenance workflows, makes recommendations, and investigates opportunities.
- Participates in professional development and keeps up-to-date on current electronic resources and discovery trends.
- Works closely and collaboratively with other library teams to create a productive electronic research environment for students and faculty.
- Throughout their teaching and service duties, the successful applicant should promote diversity and inclusive excellence.
Please see link for further deals and to apply for position.