Hiring Institution: Atla
Atla seeks a full-time Metadata Editor specializing in Asian religions and philosophy.
The Metadata Editor will be responsible for creating bibliographic records for distribution in Atla research products, making decisions about how best to index the contents of scholarly research across a wide variety of materials (academic journals, books) in multiple languages, focusing primarily on Asian religions and philosophy.
The Metadata Editor will also participate in the maintenance of the Atla thesaurus and will serve as a department bibliographer in assigned areas, evaluating new titles to add to Atla’s research products.
- Master’s Degree (MA), or equivalent, in a field related to theology, religion or religious studies required, an emphasis on Asian studies, religion, or philosophy preferred.
- Library Science Degree, or equivalent, preferred.
- Academic reading knowledge of at least one language other than English is required. Academic reading knowledge of at least one Asian language is preferred.
- Four plus years of related professional experience in academia, libraries, or the publishing industry is preferred.
- Experience with cataloging or digital collection software preferred.
Atla is an equal opportunity employer located in downtown Chicago. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. For more information about Atla, please visit our web site at: www.atla.com.
To apply, please e-mail (1) a letter of application specifically addressing qualifications for the position, (2) a current resume, and (3) the names and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please include “Metadata Editor” in the subject line. No phone calls.