POSITION TITLE: Electronic Resources Librarian/Specialist (Assistant or Associate)
DEPARTMENT: Collection Services Department
UNIT: Discovery Unit
CLASSIFICATION: Continuing Eligible or Continuing Status Track
REPORTS TO: Collection Services Department Head
The University of Arizona Libraries seeks a creative, collaborative and resourceful Electronic Resources Librarian/Specialist. The Electronic Resources Librarian/Specialist, as part of the Discovery Unit within the Collection Services department, leads the effort to provide continual, reliable, and seamless access to the Libraries’ electronic resources. The successful candidate will be responsible for the lifecycle of the Libraries’ licensed electronic resources including onboarding, maintenance, troubleshooting, and offboarding. Additionally, in collaboration with the Libraries’ IT and Discovery Unit team members, the Electronic Resources Librarian/Specialist handles Tier 1 support for the authentication, including EZProxy and SSO.
This is a continuing-eligible or continuing status track, academic professional position. Incumbents are members of the general faculty and are entitled to all accompanying rights and privileges granted by the Arizona Board of Regents and the University of Arizona. Retention and promotion are earned through achievement of a record of excellence in position effectiveness, scholarship, and service.
Please visit the URL provided for full details and to apply:
- Master’s degree in library/information science from an ALA-accredited institution or an advanced degree in a relevant field.
- Evidence of the ability to achieve continuing status (equivalent to tenure), including contributing to the information/library profession and to fulfilling the responsibilities of a library faculty member through service and scholarship.
- Experience with electronic resources access management.Experience and/or knowledge of the OpenURL standard and how link resolvers work, including troubleshooting linking problems.
- Experience working in an academic library.
- Experience cataloging and applying descriptive metadata.